The Marist Primary School was built in 1959 to serve St. Bernadette’s Parish which is in the Lower Crumlin Area. The Marist Sisters are the Trustees of the school, chair the Board of Management and the Marist Sisters, as a Congregation are deeply committed to the school and its community.
The majority of children access the school at preschool age (3 years) Boys transfer to Senior Boys’ schools after First class and girls continue to 6th Class. The main schools of choice for the boys after 1st class are Scoil Iosagain and Drimnagh Castle Boys’ National School.Girls, in the main, transfer to Loreto College Crumlin, St. Louis High School, Rathmines and St. Paul’s Secondary School, Greenhills.
The school’s pupil population is approximately 370. There are in all 23 teachers; 14 class teachers, 2 Early Start teachers, 4 LS/RT, 1 EAL teacher, an Administrative Principal and a H/S/C/L Co-ordinator who is shared between our school and Scoil Íosagáin.There is also a Support Teacher who is shared between our school and Scoil Iosagain
The school has 7 SNAs and there are also two Child Care Workers, both of whom work in the Early Start.
Pupils are given the opportunity to participate in Drama, Music and Sporting Activities which include Soccer, Hurling, Camogie and Basketball. Daily and overall maintenance of the school is of a very high standard, with regular modernisation a feature of capital expenditure. Facilities in the school include a PE Hall, Library, Computer Room and a Parents’ Course Room.