Suggested Weekly Work for Fourth Class – 22/06/’20- 30/06/’20
A note from teacher:
Hello to all my girls,
I am sure you are very excited for your summer holidays! Well done to everyone for all your hard work, you are all set for 5th class and we are really looking forward to seeing you all in September!! Everyone should be very proud of themselves for continuing to help out at home and working hard during this very difficult time. Enjoy your summer holidays and remember to adhere to the Government guidelines.
Sophia is this week’s Queen of the Tables! Well done Sophia!!
I have a list of work below, if you have any questions I would be delighted to help. This email will not be in use after June so please send in any work or let me know your plans for the summer before then.
It was an absolute pleasure to teach you all for the two years and I would like to thank you for making it so enjoyable. Your new teacher will be very lucky to have such an amazing class of hardworking, creative and humorous girls. You have all grown to be kind senior girls of our school over the last few years and I am sure you will continue to do so. I wish you all the best. Enjoy your summer holidays. I will see you all in September.
Continuing on from last week, I would like you to try remember as many water safety tips and rules you have learned. I have included a video below to help. It is so important to enjoy yourselves when you’re at the beach or swimming pool, but there are also dangers that you have to be aware of and rules to remember to make it safe for us to swim.
Read the following booklet and complete the activities linked below!
- Novel: Charlotte’s Web: Read chapters 19 – 22 Click here - Novel
Revise Weeks 26-30. Click here- Vocab Revision Wks 26-30
- Complete questions in the link below.
- Think outside the box: “This is not a wave”
Use this template to draw a different character or object. Write a descriptive paragraph using amazing adjectives and any 3 vocab words from our list. Present your creation to a family member.
- Tables work x 12 ÷ 12
- Revise all tables. Game: Hit the button- Click here
- Mathletics 10mins every day
- Duo lingo Gaeilge – a fun way to learn Irish online https://www.duolingo.com/learn
- Poem - Dán - Ar Saoire
- Translate the following sentences.
- Did you do your homework last night?
- I ate cake and sweets last weekend.
- She drinks water when she is thirsty.
- He gets two presents every year.
- She does not go to school at the weekend.
Music – Ms Barry Click here
Art I have included a few folding surprises below because a few of you are enjoying them so much!
- What has hands but doesn’t clap?
- What has to be broken before you can use it?
- What goes up but never comes back down?
- What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
- What is full of holes but still holds water?
Can you find 6 hidden words in this picture?
How many triangles are there?